What a special day today is. We honor someone who has probably had the biggest impact of anyone else in our lives. Mothers. Where would we be if it weren't for our mothers. We wouldn't be here. For those of you who didn't know this: Mother's day was started by a Philadelphia Woman in 1907 named Ana Jarvis who started a campaign to make it a holiday She set a side a day to honor her mother. Her mother was also named Ana. She gave her daughter the idea after she organized a "Mother's Friendship Day" to heal lingering emotional wounds of the Civil War. It was not until Woodrow Wilson signed it into law to become a holiday in 1914. West Virginia was the first state to recognize the holiday, and it later spread across the country.
I have been very fortunate in my life to have really 2 mothers. Most of you know that I was adopted from birth in 1978. My biological mother realized that she could not care for me, so she went to Edna Gladney in Fort Worth and started the adoption process. I don't even know her name, but I want to think this woman for not doing the easy thing in the wake of Roe v. Wade. It was important to her that I live. I hope that I never disappoint her or make her regret her decision. At Edna Gladney I was chosen by my Mom and Dad. I was the 2nd Child that they adopted, the other one was my brother. He is 10 years older than me. He actually was the first one in my family to see me. I joke with him that if he knew then what he knows now, then he would have dumped me in the trash. From there I was raised by an extra special woman, My Mom Wadonna. She was always there for me, she always watched out for me, she taught me, and I thank God for her daily. I one day want to find my Biological mom, to thank her for the courage to give me up for adoption, and to let her know that I'm OK. I know whenever she sees someone about my age she wonders about me. Back to My mom. She has always treated me as her own, and never treated me any different.
Yessiree Mom's are the keenest (sorry for the old school reference). No one on earth has sacrificed more for you than your mom. With the pain of childbirth to the pain we all put them through. Just remember for the Passion of the Christ movie, one of the most powerful scenes was Mary cleaning up the blood where Jesus was beaten. They are always working and never stop, even through our most painful times, she is still there to help mop up our blood, sweat, and tears. And yet nothing would ever get done if not for moms, they are the glue that holds family's together. I'm experiencing that now. Today is extremely hard for my little girl. Their mom left us about 10 years ago now, She is 13 and my son is 10. She is on the other side of the country now and my kids miss having a mom terribly. I hope they have a great life, because they have suffered with pain in their hearts over not having a mom. But back to the greatness of my mom. She has stepped in and tried to fill the hole in their hearts, she keeps them while I work, which is a big blessing and help, My son doesn't hurt like my daughter because he has only seen her maybe on 3 separate instances since he was 5 and 1/2 months old. But Arista was 3 and it is hard on her. My mom raised my brother and me, and now she is helping raise my kids. She keeps sacrificing for me, even to this day.
To a happier note our pastor started his sermon off today about how some churches have had bad ideas on how to honor the most important people in our lives. He told of one church that had roses for the oldest mother, the one with the most kids, the one who's kids traveled the furthest to see their mom. He also had one rose that no-one would claim, the woman that gained the most weight during her pregnancy, hhhhmmmmmm. Some men have no clue.
He told of another that had posted up on the overhead that the perfect verse to describe mothers was 1 Timothy 1:3-5 instead of 2 Timothy 1:5 which says "I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also." 1 Timothy 1:3-5 says "As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer. nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith." Oops He wasn't there long.
But in the end to all those Mother's out there Thank You. You are the most special people God ever made. Words cannot describe what you mean to us. and may we truly realize how special you are and not take you for granted. So KUDOS MOM and thank you for all you've done, and all you are going to do. I love you all!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment